Today’s wedding break out of the traditiona. Need some ideas on current fashion, check out some fashion blogs on the net. When you decide to get married while on horseback you need to think of a couple of things first:
(Photo below by James Hazelwood of Kate Taylor riding her horse. Read more about her life at lucysquest.blogspot.com)
- Is their a stable on the property of your venue?
- Does your venue even allow horses on the property?
- What color/breed of horse do you want?
- How experienced are you as a rider? Do you need some lessons to get comfortable again?
- Make sure your dress is properly seated so it is no stepped on or pooped on.
- Make sure you practice your entrance and exit in full dress before the actual wedding. Practice allows you to think of things you might never have imagined if you had not done it.
- Ride the horse at least once that you will be using on your wedding day so you are familiar with each other.
- Find a photographer that is gifted at shooting horses and you should be fine for the wedding.
Suggestions for the logistics of the horse wedding. I would suggest just the bride come in on the horse, dismount, then get married while standing. This prevents numerous variables from happening including kicking of the wedding guests in the face, the awkward moment while the horse is pooping during the ceremony, and that moment when the horse decides to eat something it should not.
Now if you need some stylish equastrian clothes for sale for your reception gear, then hop to it. Who says you need to wear a trraditional white dress in the reception. Have some fun with it.